Tuesday, March 24, 2009

An Impressive Family Tree

Dan and I put up a few family pictures of various members of our familes on the wall in Max's room yesterday. We figured that since we live so far away from most of them, he ought to at least be able to recognize them.

We were looking at a picture of two of my cousins with their father, my uncle, who is now in his mid-eighties and in faltering health. "Who's that?" I asked Max.

"That's Cousin Dan," he said.

"And who's that?" I asked.

"That's Cousin Don," he said.

I pointed to my Uncle Lonnie. "Who's this guy here?"

Max hesitated for a minute. "That's God."

I think I'd like to place a moratorium on all further discussions about religion between my son and his father until Max establishes a firmer grasp on some of the more elusive elements of the topic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't that be awesome if God was your Uncle?

I bet you could get really good concert tickets.